Essay 写作 Distinction 指南
列出Outline基本框架 — 查找相关文献 — 细化框架论点 — 回溯补充文献。
Introduction Part — Main Body Part — Conclusion Part。
1. Introduction 10%：表达Essay的主要观点，概述主题内容。可以遵循以下7句原则：
Introduction Part 推荐句式：
· …is an important component of… Central to the discipline of …is ….
· …is an increasingly importantissuein…
· Recent developments in …have shown the need for….
· Recent developments in the field of … have led to a renewed interest in ..
· This study builds on…and contributes to…
· Over the past century, there has been a(major)decline in …
· Recently there has been renewed interest in .….
· Atheoretical issue that has dominated the field for many years is ….
· The controversy over…has raged for many years.
· The issue of … has recently grown in importance.
· Most studies of … have only been carried out on..
· Until now, little importance has been given to ..
· Until now, this method has only been applied to….
2. Main Body Part 80%：写出主要论点并解释论点；举例作证并引用文献。可以采用主题句+例证+分析论点+总结四部分写作框架和10句原则：
第1句：主题句 Topic sentence 点明主旨。
Main Body Part 推荐句式：
· One question that needs to be asked, however, is…
· One problem with this approach is …
· The main limitation to X’s study is …
· However, this method of analysis has a number of limitations.
· However,the research does not take into account …
· The author offers no explanation for …
· The main weakness of this study is …
· The existing research fails to …
· Much of the recent literature has not …
· However, there has been relatively little literature published on…
· Numerous studies have argued that…
· Several studies have revealed…
· The research to date has tended to focus on…
· Data from several studies have identified the.. It has been suggested that…
· It has been conclusively shown that… It has been demonstrated that…
3. Conclusion Part 10%：点出Essay前文提出的问题，回答前面所讨论的内容并做出总结。可以采用4句原则：
Conclusion Part 推荐句式：
· This research has investigated.. The study set out to …
· The purpose of the present research was to…
· The study has shown that…
· An important finding to emerge in this study is ..
· The results are significant in three respects…
· In general,… therefore… the results show …
· The findings add to our understanding of…
· This study adds to the body of knowledge around..
· This research confirms previous findings and contributes to our understanding of… · · Although the study did not show…it did substantiate ….
· However, a number of limitations need to be considered for instance,….
· The research was limited in several ways.
· However, the findings are subject to at least four limitations.
· The most significant was.
· Several limitations need to be acknowledged.
· Contrary to expectations, this research did not find a significant difference between…